I am far from where I came from.
I would try to make a sound, but no one would hear me.
I would try to make a move, but no one would see me.
I don’t mind death; I was never afraid to die.
But now that I’m gone I’m afraid I’m forgotten;
Down in the basement of a museum,
Down among hundreds of boxes,
Down because no one seems to care that I am alive.
Maybe I’m not breathing…but I feel erased. And if my spirit feels something, doesn’t that mean I am still valid?
Still relevant ?
I fear I am truly gone if I am not remembered.
I am not content with being a catalog number, used to satiate someone’s interest in science.
I am not content with being taken against my will by a stranger.
I am not content with being a pawn in the systemic genocide of my people.
I think one day someone will remember me. I will be claimed by my people, and justice will be served.
Justice will be peaceful,
Justice will be right,
Justice will be obligatory.
Top Posts & Pages
- Whose Land Is It Anyway? A Manual for Decolonization
- From Colonial Rescue to Cultural Genocide
- For Our Nations to Live, Capitalism Must Die
- A Land Called Louisiana: Indigenous peoples and the "settling" of our region
- Cultural Appreciation or Cultural Appropriation?
- Decolonizing Our Minds and Actions
- Indigenous feminism without apology
- Understanding Colonizer Status
- Allyship & Solidarity Guidelines
- Settler Colonialism Primer
- Whose Land Is It Anyway? A Manual for Decolonization
- Hayti – a historical novel
- From Colonial Rescue to Cultural Genocide
- Cracks in the Wall of Capitalism: The Zapatistas and the Struggle to Decolonize Science
- Women’s Liberation Delegation to Chiapas
- Decolonization And Indigenization Will Not Create The Change We Need
- Settler colonialism and white settler responsibility in the Karuk, Konomihu, Shasta, and New River Shasta Homelands: a white unsettling manifesto
- Decolonizing the Garden
- Are White People Indigenous?
- Settler Colonialism and the Struggle for Abolition
- Decolonization and National Liberation: From Turtle Island to Ireland
- Decolonization is a global project: From Palestine to the Americas
- What Does it Mean to be a Weapon of War?: Settler Colonialism and Black Labor
- Horrors of Thanksgiving: Put down the d(r)um(b)stick
- The museum will not be decolonised
- Dear Settlers: Before Using Our Medicine, Be Aware of Your White Privilege
- Decolonization ~ Meaning What Exactly?
- Christopher Columbus: No Monuments for Murderers
- Uprooting Colonialism: The Limitations of Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Food Sovereignty in Rebellion: Decolonization, Autonomy, Gender Equity and the Zapatista Solution
- This Reconciliation is for the Colonizer
- From Recognition to Decolonization: An Interview with Glen Coulthard
- Support the “All Others” Gathering for Two Spirit and LGBQT people
- Born on the Fourth of July: Counterinsurgency, Indigenous Resistance, and Black Revolt
- Resistance 150: Why Canada’s birthday celebrations aren’t for everyone
- Enrique Dussel: Without Epistemic Decolonization, There Is No Revolution
- What is Cultural Appropriation?
- How academia uses poverty, oppression, and pain for intellectual masturbation
- We need decolonization before reconciliation, argues Ryan McMahon
- Prairie Rising: Indigenous Youth, Decolonization, and the Politics of Intervention
- Cultural Appropriation and the Gypsy Industry
- Decolonisation in Europe: Sámi Musician Sofia Jannok Points to Life beyond Colonialism
- From Standing Rock to Resistance in Context: Towards Anarchism against Settler Colonialism
- Decolonizing Gender: A Curriculum
- Indigenist Intersectionality: Decolonizing an Indigenous Eco-Queer Feminism and Anarchism
- Decolonising Desire: The Politics of Love
- Fascism & Anti-Fascism: A Decolonial Perspective
- If Your Anti-Trump Movement Is Not Anti-Colonial You Are Wasting Your Time And Ours
- Cards Against Colonialism
- Decolonizing Dialectics
- Christmas Day Freedom Fighters: Hidden History of the Seminole Anticolonial Struggle
- How the Seminole Stole Christmas: Battle of Lake Okeechobee
- On the Question of Allies
- Dear White People: An Open Letter to White People on Becoming Indigenous
- The Myth of the Pagan Passcard
- Fuck Thanksgiving.
- Red Bird at Standing Rock: A Thanksgiving Message
- Leonard Peltier: Day of Mourning
- The Uncomfortable, Unavoidable, Troublesome & Totally Inconvenient Understanding About Indigenous Language, Culture & Identity
- Six Critical Actions for Healing
- Grandfather Tree Sitter on Burnaby Mountain -- Stop Kinder Morgan Clear CuttingGrandfather Scales Tree, Erects Mid-Air Camp To Stop Kinder Morgan Clear-Cutting MARCH 19, 2018ANNOUNCEMENTS, DIRECT ACTION, FRONT, RT REPORTBACK By Rising TIDE NORTH AMERICA https://risingtidenorthamerica.org/2018/03/grandfather-scales-tree-erects-mid-air-camp-to-stop-kinder-morgan-clear-cutting/ Coast Salish Territories (Vancouver) – Early this morning Te […]
- Lockdown at Kinder Morgan Pipeline, Monday March 19, 2018The Mosquito Fleet:Stopping Kinder Morgan Pipeline, Twitter photo Second Round of Arrests Just Now! .
- Google and Facebook reap news revenues, while reporters become destituteGoogle and Facebook reap news revenues while real reporters struggle to survive By Brenda Norrell Censored News The Wall Street Journal is hardly the voice of the people, but it makes an important point here -- Google and Facebook are receiving most of the revenues from news these days, and reporters are receiving almost nothing. The article does not mention […]
- Vandals Destroy Crosses and Eagle Feathers at Apaches Oak Flat Resistance. Holy Ground Desecrated at Site of Apache Resistance to Mine Vandals destroy crosses, eagle feathers at Oak Flat CampgroundBy Wendsler Nosie Censored News On March 17th, a representative of the Apache Stronghold arrived to Oak Flat, Arizona and found that the four crosses of an Apache holy ground had been intentionally destroyed. Two of the crosses were mis […]
- Arrests at Burnaby Mountain: Blocking Kinder Morgan PipelineWater Protectors, Land Defenders, Arrested Today, March 17, Blocking Kinder Morgan Pipeline Dozens of Indigenous people, community members, families and retired teachers are blocking Kinder Morgan’s front gate on Burnaby Mountain By Coast Protectors Censored News Dozens of Indigenous people, community members, families and retired teachers are blocking Kinde […]
- Navajos in Palestine 'NO to Apartheid!'Lyla June Johnston and Orlando Begay Navajos say 'NO!' to Strangulation by Apartheid in Palestine Massacres and Displacement of Palestinians by Israel Repeats Genocide of Native Americans in the United States By Lyla June Johnston in PalestineCensored News French translation by Christine Prat Watch video below -- Lyla in Palestine stands before a […]
- Interior Oil and Gas Sale of Bears Ears Area Land on March 20, 2018(Above) Maps, documents, parcels for oil and gas lease sale on March 20, 2018 https://eplanning.blm.gov/epl-front-office/eplanning/planAndProjectSite.do?methodName=dispatchToPatternPage¤tPageId=122746 Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke posted this photo of himself when he toured Bears Ears on May 11, 2017. Now, Interior e-mails reveal the land seized fr […]
- Mohawk Nation News 'Mohawk Eyes Wide Shut'MOHAWK EYES WIDE SHUT Posted on March 13, 2018 Please post & distribute. MNN. March 12, 2018. Who are you listening to? The Mohawk Council of Kahnawá:ke Inc. [MCK Inc.] is a private corporation. Their bar lawyers help them set up the MCK Inc. municipality of Kahnawake. MCK Inc. is a Government of Canada committee that provides administrative and operatio […]
- COAST SALISH: 10,000 March to Protect the Inlet -- Vancouver B.C.Protect the water, land, and climate#ProtecttheInlet On March 10th Coast Salish spiritual leaders and members launched an ambitious project in Metro Vancouver to stop the Kinder Morgan pipeline. They raised a traditional Coast Salish Watch House near the pipeline route which will act as a base for resistance to the project. 10,000 people in Metro Vancouver m […]
- UTE MOUNTAIN -- Struggle against White Mesa Uranium Mill in Southeast UtahWatch video interview below: Yolanda Badback, Ute, about the White Mesa uranium Mill, l'usine de traitement d'uranium de Blanding, Utah from Christine Prat on Vimeo. STRUGGLE AGAINST THE WHITE MESA URANIUM MILL, ON UTE MOUNTAIN, SOUTH UTAH Article, video and photos by Christine Prat Censored News In French at: http://www.chrisp.lautre.net/wpblog/?p […]
- AIM WEST Liberation Day Honors Heroes -- from Pine Ridge to Black Panthers Liberation Day Honors Heroes and Legends, from Pine Ridge to Black Panthers By Tony Gonzales AIM West Photos by Louie Gutierrez, of San Francisco's La Reyna Bakery The Longest Walk '78 photo by Ilka Hartmann. Censored News SAN FRANCISCO --- We had a terrific ‘big time’ during “Liberation Day” 2/27/18 with Madonna Thunder Hawk, Lakota, Sarah James, […]
- Wall of Women Opposing Kinder Morgan -- Stand With Them in Vancouver March 10, 2018A WALL OF WOMEN AGAINST KINDER MORGAN. On March 10, STAND WITH THEM and Coastal Salish Spiritual Leaders in Vancouver BC. Photograph of "Wall of Women" at Ambleside Park in West Vancouver.Photo by Zack Embree for Greenpeace The moment to stop the dangerous Kinder Morgan pipeline and tanker project is upon us. Texas oil giant Kinder Morgan has been […]
- Standing With Women Defenders On International Women's Day 2018. WECAN International Featured On ABC Good Morning America On International Women's Day By WECAN International Censored News Dear Friends and Allies, We celebrate International Women's Day with you and with women around the world. We ask that you join us today in honoring the women defenders of the land - who put their bodies on the line everyday f […]
- Interior E-mails Reveal Interior Shrinking of Bears Ears was for Oil, Uranium and Sports HuntersSports hunters used their connection to fellow hunter Donald Trump, Jr., to lobby for the opening for more of Bears Ears to hunters. Photo from Interior e-mails. Interior E-mails Reveal Interior Shrinking of Bears Ears was for Oil, Uranium and Sports Hunters Interior has land auction scheduled for Bears Ears area land on March 20, 2018, unless it is halted A […]
- Uranium Film Festival Returns to Navajo Nation, Flagstaff, Albuquerque and Santa Fe 2018. URANIUM FILM FESTIVAL RETURNS TO WINDOW ROCK AND FLAGSTAFF in ARIZONA AND NEW MEXICO in 2018 Window Rock / Rio de Janeiro - Since 2011 the International Uranium Film Festival travels around the world showing documentaries and movies about the risks of nuclear power and uranium. November 2013 the in the world unique film festival was hosted for the first ti […]
- San Carlos Apache Water Protector Ranayia Kaye Kitcheyan Rest in PowerSan Carlos Water Protector and Land Defender Journeys to Spirit World Photo by Sandra Rambler Ranayia Kaye Kitcheyan (holding sign) is pictured with San Carlos Apaches during their run to protect Chi'Chil'Bilda'Goteel (Oak Flat) where mining giant BHP dba Resolution Copper Company is destroying burial sites and holy grounds on ancestral Apache […]
- Greater Chaco Spared from Fracking Auction / Community Responds. Greater Chaco Spared from Fracking Auction Community Responds to Cancellation of Chaco Canyon Oil and Gas Lease Sale March 2, 2018 Contact: Daniel Tso, Counselor Citizens HIA- Hózhóógó na'adá Committee, email@example.com Samuel Sage, Counselor Chapter House - Community Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org Rebecca Sobel, Senior Climate & En […]
- Donate to Censored News!Click PayPal link to donate: paypal.me/BrendaNorrell Censored News is now in its 12th year with 18 million page views, with no ads, grants or revenues. We are reader supported news. Small donations help provide live coverage. Brenda Norrell PMB 132 405 E. Wetmore Rd., Ste 117 Tucson, Arizona 85705 email@example.com Censored News through the years, 2006 […]
- Blockade at Bayou Bridge Pipeline in LouisianaBreaking News -- Center for Constitutional Rights reveals State of Louisiana teamed up with Energy Transfer Partners -- Spied on Bayou Movement: March 1, 2018, Baton Rouge, LA – Newly released documents reveal that Louisiana state intelligence officers surveilled community groups opposed to the Bayou Bridge Pipeline and that regulators used language written […]
- Permit process for N.M. nuclear dump site beginsPhoto New Mexico already inundated with nuclear testing and waste. By Sierra Club Censored News Nuclear Regulatory Commission Begins Process for New Mexico to Receive All U.S. Commercial High-Level Nuclear Waste The Nuclear Regulatory Commission on Wednesday accepted Holtec International's application to store up to 100,000 metric tons of spent fuel r […]
- Grandfather Tree Sitter on Burnaby Mountain -- Stop Kinder Morgan Clear Cutting
- Laura Flanders Show Special Report on Mining and Resistance on Black MesaCheck out Jordan Flaherty’s coverage of mining and resistance on Black Mesa on the Laura Flanders Show. http://www.lauraflanders.com/?video=TiZ7pPNISyc
- Call for Support: Volunteers Requested for Sheepherdering and Human Rights ObservingOngoing support in the form of volunteer sheepherders and human rights observers are requested on Black Mesa. So many families within in the communities on Black Mesa have opened their homes to countless supporters over the years,creating an opportunity to engage in true support and solidarity. Families have said that supporters have played a helpful […]
- “Big Mountain is Under Siege Again”–Louise Benally on Livestock Impoundments“We are asking you to take action. Big Mountain is under siege again because Peabody Coal is losing its income from coal mining, so it is pressuring the tribal government to attack its own people. We’ve been opposed to the mining since 1974 when PL 93-531 was passed. Now with the coal companies collapsing […]
- Elder Matriarch Relocation Resister, Ida Mae Clinton, Passes on to the Spirit WorldWith great sadness and respect for a powerful life, we share that Elder Matriarch relocation resister, Ida Mae Clinton, of Star Mountain, has passed onto the spirit world. With the permission of her family, we share this video–made by NaBahe Katenay Keedihiihii this spring–in memory of Ida Mae’s life. Her family sends appreciation to all […]
- Requesting immediate Support for Dineh Resistance Communities whose livestock are being impounded by Hopi Rangers and Federal Agents.Below is the letter that the community members impacted by impoundments delivered today at the Navajo Nation Council Chambers in Window Rock: Requesting immediate Support for so-called “Hopi Partition Land ( HPL)” residents whose livestock are being impounded by Hopi Rangers and Federal Agents. The Hopi rangers and Federal agents used military tactic operati […]
- Sheep Emergency Fund: for Black Mesa families targeted by unjust livestock impoundmentsAll funds raised will go directly to Dineh families on the Black Mesa ‘HPL’ lands who have been aggressively targeted with livestock impoundments starting on October 22, 2014. Click here for donation page So far, three Black Mesa families have had their entire herds of sheep & goats impounded and are facing fees totaling about […]
- Elders Living in Fear and HeartacheClarence and Mary Lou Blackrock of Cactus Valley are sitting up all night by the fire, unable to sleep for fear of their sheep being taken. This distress endangers the elder’s health. This family wanted these pictures shared so that the world can see the suffering at the hands of the federal government and Department […]
- UPDATES CONCERNING IMPOUNDMENTS & ARRESTS OF THE SOVEREIGN DINEH NATION ON THE “HPL”Hopi Rangers arrested two individuals and impounded 120 sheep this morning at the homesite of Tom and Etta Begay in Red Willow Springs. Heavily armed rangers guarded and blocked nearby dirt road entrances as well. “The Hopi Rangers came for our homestead early this morning. They tried to arrest my Aunt Etta who is almost […]
- URGENT: WIDESPREAD IMPOUNDMENTS & AN ARREST ON THE HPL OCTOBER 2014UPDATE from HPL (Hopi Partition Land) residents: Shirley Tohannie and elder Caroline Tohannie had their entire herd of 65 sheep impounded by the Hopi Rangers (US federal government) Tuesday, October 22, 2014.If the fines aren’t paid the sheep will go to auction, and the family is being told that the sheep will not be able […]
- Request for Sheepherders and Human Rights Observers-July 2014*******BMIS is in the process of updating our contacts. In order to keep receiving updates from BMIS, please confirm your information here. Thank you!! ***** “This land is being taken away because they’ve got power in Washington. We were put here with our Four Sacred Mountains and we were created to live here. We know […]
- Laura Flanders Show Special Report on Mining and Resistance on Black Mesa
- Banner Hang today!Early this morning ALEC resistors suspended banners at two different locations. Please help us resist! AZ Resists Alec!
- Call for Indigenous Convergence to Resist ALEC! – November 29-December 3 – Onk Akimel O’odham Lands (Scottsdale, AZ)Un-occupy Our Lands! Indigenous Peoples Gathering in Resistance to Corporate & State Terrorism Tues. Nov. 29, 6PM – 9:30PM At Serena Padilla Residence Onk Akimel O’odham Nation (Salt River) 9312 E. Thomas Rd. Scottsdale, AZ 85256 For more information and to see the entire invite please visit: AZ Resist Alec Greetings. My name is […]
- de-occupy! PRESS RELEASE
- PDF of Anti-Colonial Thanksgiving DinnerAnti-Colonial Thanksgiving Dinner pamphlet 2008 This is a zine from the Guelph Anarchist distro Mounting Bedlam Distro. It is from an annual dinner that where Anarchists host Indigenous folks to share their stories of resistance. It has spoken to me for along time sine i found a copy of it at the Taala Hooghan Infoshop. […]
- O’odham Sacred Site of Quitovac once again under threat from US Gold Mining Company Silver Scott MinesMany of you may remember the recent victory of saving Quitovac to a proposed toxic waste dump. Well Again this Sacred site is under siege. Now to the threat of a gold mine… This is a Resolution from Traditional O’odham elders in opposition to the proposed mine that was recently posted from the O’odham Solidarity Project […]
- CENSORED NEWS: Homeland Security pitches new spy towers at Tohono O’odhamThe war against the Tohono O’odham continues near the border. See the latest technology the U.S. Government has deployed on the T.O. community in this article below: Homeland Security pitches new spy towers at Tohono O’odham BY: Brenda Norrell Censored News http://www.bsnorrell.blogspot.com TOHONO O’ODHAM NATION — (Nov. 23, 2011) The US Homeland Security is […]
- Resist ALEC!Resist ALEC this November in Scottsdale, AZ! AZ Resist alec! ARIZONA IS CALLING FOR A DIVERSITY OF TACTICS TO SHUT DOWN THE UPCOMING ALEC CONFERENCE IN SCOTTSDALE, AZ ON NOVEMBER 30TH. ALEC thinks they’re meeting in Scottsdale, AZ this November… The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) is a massive non-profit body that brings corporations and legisl […]
- De-Occupy O’odham LandDe-Occupy O’odham Land! Saturday December 10, Hosted by Dry River Resource Center Benefit for O’odham VOICE against the wall and Dry River Infoshop 6pm dinner 7pm speakers -John Zerzan -Ward Churchill -Julian Kunnie $10-$20 suggested donation (no one turned away for lack of funds)
- Ofelia Rivas In protest we write…While preparing to to write my own short reflection on the current “occupy” movement I asked Ofelia Rivas if she would like to contribute to the zine as well. Here is her letter. This will also be in the new Don’t just (re)occupy zine. Thank you again so much for your contribution Ofelia! For more news […]
- WHY (RE)OCCUPYING WON’T WORK****This is a preview of a short article for a zine I am compiling in response to the current sweeping “occupy” movement. The zine will be released soon…. WHY (RE)OCCUPYING WON’T WORK…. September 17, 2011 hundreds of people answer a call-out from Adbusters maga- zine to “occupy” Wall Street. Today October 14, 2011 less than […]
- Banner Hang today!
- Indigenous Solidarity Network beginsWe are please to announce the creation of the group named THE INDIGENOUS SOLIDARITY NETWORK. *See the About tab above and links section to the right. An inspiring video: (rights reserved to the creator) Advertisements
- Indigenous Solidarity Network begins
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- “Third Worldism,” the Workers World Party & the General Marxist Failure on Settler ColonialismOver the past several days a rupture has been brewing within the u.s.-based Marxist-Leninist/communist organization known as the Workers World Party. This has been the result of apparent conflict between the core organizational leadership and the membership of the Huntington, West Virginia branch of the Party. The dispute has apparently arisen due to the Hun […]
- [French Translation] Fascism & Anti-Fascism: A Decolonial PerspectiveA little over a year ago I published on this blog an article titled Fascism & Anti-Fascism: A Decolonial Perspective. The article ended up receiving far more traction than I had ever anticipated. This surprised me, but I am also happy that people not just in Ontario, but in many other places have found the article helpful … Continue reading [French Trans […]
- What Makes the Red Man Red?: Comments on Indianness, Racial-Being & Visual SchemaBefore I begin I’d really like to thank everyone on Twitter, but especially Nicolas Juarez (@nijuarez) and William Richardson (@HoodAcademic), whose conversations yesterday on this subject got me thinking enough to awaken from my writing slumber. Especially as it relates directly to my chosen specialization in my PhD research in sociology (my dissertation’s […]
- “Third Worldism,” the Workers World Party & the General Marxist Failure on Settler Colonialism
- Sherman Alexie Declines Carnegie Medal; Publisher Postpones Paperback in wake of Sexual AllegationsSherman Alexie Declines Carnegie Medal, Alexie's publisher, Hachette Book Group, says that they are postponing the paperback edition of 'You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me.' The post Sherman Alexie Declines Carnegie Medal; Publisher Postpones Paperback in wake of Sexual Allegations appeared first on Indian Country Media Network.
- Senators Heitkamp, Udall and Hoeven and NCAI Weigh In On Opioid Crisis In Indian CountryU.S. Senators Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) Senator Tom Udall (D-NM) and Senator John Hoeven (R-ND) are three Senators addressing the ongoing opioid epidemic in Native communities. The post Senators Heitkamp, Udall and Hoeven and NCAI Weigh In On Opioid Crisis In Indian Country appeared first on Indian Country Media Network.
- Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Observes Passing of Economic Development Director Christopher ThompsonChristopher proudly served as the Director of the Office of Economic Development for the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, he passed on March 11, 2018. The post Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Observes Passing of Economic Development Director Christopher Thompson appeared first on Indian Country Media Network.
- Cherokee Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, Ventures Guitarist Nokie Edwards Has Died At 82Nole Floyd Edwards aka Nokie Edwards, Cherokee, the lead guitarist for ‘The Ventures,’ passed away on March 12th, due to complications from hip surgery. The post Cherokee Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, Ventures Guitarist Nokie Edwards Has Died At 82 appeared first on Indian Country Media Network.
- #NativeVote18 Candidates Boosted By An Electorate Ready For ChangeA special election in Pennsylvania is a good sign for Native American #NativeVote18 candidates running for office. Why? Because this cycle is already favoring out-of-power Democrats and, quite possibly, independents. It’s hard to peg any constituent group more out-of-power than those who would represent Indian Country in the Congress of the United States. Fi […]
- “Best Year Of My Life” Last Year’s ‘The Voice’ Top 3 Finalist, Brooke Simpson, Talks With ICTNBC's 'The Voice' finalist Brooke Simpson, 27 (Haliwa-Saponi) took time out of her busy schedule to speak with ICT's Vincent Schilling The post “Best Year Of My Life” Last Year’s ‘The Voice’ Top 3 Finalist, Brooke Simpson, Talks With ICT appeared first on Indian Country Media Network.
- Why Should Native Americans Vote? Protecting Sacred Sites Is One AnswerWhy Should Native Americans Vote? Protecting Sacred Sites Is One Answer, Native Voter oppression is another. The post Why Should Native Americans Vote? Protecting Sacred Sites Is One Answer appeared first on Indian Country Media Network.
- 100 Years Documentary on Elouise Cobell Coming To PBS – Director Talks With ICT100 Years Documentary on Elouise Cobell, directed by Melinda Janko, is now coming to PBS’: 'America Reframed' on March 13th The post 100 Years Documentary on Elouise Cobell Coming To PBS – Director Talks With ICT appeared first on Indian Country Media Network.
- Regarded Native American Performance Artist James Luna Has Died at 68The highly regarded performance and installation artist, photographer and writer James Luna has died at age 68. The post Regarded Native American Performance Artist James Luna Has Died at 68 appeared first on Indian Country Media Network.
- Who Should Run The Indian Health Service? This Is No Longer the IHS We Grew Up WithThe Indian Health Service has changed dramatically -- Who should run the Indian Health Service? The post Who Should Run The Indian Health Service? This Is No Longer the IHS We Grew Up With appeared first on Indian Country Media Network.
- Sherman Alexie Declines Carnegie Medal; Publisher Postpones Paperback in wake of Sexual Allegations
- MOHAWK EYES WIDE SHUTPlease post & distribute. MNN. March 12, 2018. Who are you listening to? The Mohawk Council of Kahnawá:ke Inc. [MCK Inc.] is a private corporation. Their bar lawyers help them set up the MCK Inc. municipality of Kahnawake. MCK Inc. … Continue reading →
- HOW OUR MINDS WERE STOLENPlease post & distribute. MNN. Feb. 21, 2018. When our minds are forced into the evil corporate colonial brainwashing systems by churches, schools, military and government institutions, the goal is to destroy our connection to all creation. WATCH THE … Continue reading →
- PRICE OF DEATHPlease post & distribute. MNN. Feb. 19, 2018. Millions of our departed never had a decent funeral. The genocide isn’t even mentioned. Undertaking and the funeral business is a big money making machine. Their huge lobby makes sure the … Continue reading →
- PARTY’S OVER IMMIGRANTS!Please post & distribute. MNN. Feb. 15, 2018. Immigrant Prime Minister Trudeau, head fascist of Canada, pitched some INDIAN rights to the true original people of turtle island. His band/tribal flunkies are yelling, “Give me the money, land and … Continue reading →
- STAY ON THE RED ROADPlease post & distribute. MNN. Feb. 14, 2018. The dictators’ sport called the “Olympics” indoctrinates everyone on how to follow the white man’s rules of obedience. Cheaters can’t let anyone see them do it. Only money creates champions. Poor … Continue reading →
- THE DESTRUCTION OF CANADA’S FASCHIST SYSTEMPlease post & distribute. MNN. Feb. 13, 2018. Murdering our people is over. Prime Minister Trudeau and others admit that the Canadian justice system is designed to in effect execute “the final solution of the INDIAN problem” [DuncanCampbell Scott]. … Continue reading →
- CANADA’S KANGAROO JUSTICE SYSTEMPlease post & distribute. MNN. Feb. 11, 2018. Black’s Law Dictionary would describe the Saskatchewan decision [on murder of Colten Boushie] as “a sham legal proceeding in which a person’s rights are totally disregarded, where the result is a … Continue reading →
- NO FEAR!Please post & distribute. MNN. The rich white farmer who who derived his wealth from theft of our land, shot the native boy in the head in an act of cold blooded murder. He was illegally found not guilty … Continue reading →
- STOP KILLING OUR CHILDRENPlease post & distribute. MNN. Feb. 9, 2018. Today the murderers of two of our children, Tina Fontaine and Colten Boushie, are standing trial before their peers. Today we don’t expect justice. The colonial Admiralty Law of the Seas … Continue reading →
- EXTORTING TAXES FROM NATIVESPlease post & distribute. MNN. Feb. 6, 2018. Corporations of Canada, Quebec and their know-nothing “colonial Indian Act committee” known as the band council are trying to help push the genocide against the tekentiokwenhoksteh, the 49 original families of … Continue reading →
- MOHAWK EYES WIDE SHUT
- DENVER CELEBRATES THE LIFE AND LEGACY OF RUSSELL MEANSDenver, Co. – You may recognize him from such films as Last of the Mohicans and Natural Born Killers, but Russell Means was much more than a face on the silver screen. He was a cultural, political, artistic and visionary American Indian leader, described during his life as “the most famous American Indian of the [...]
- PEARL MEANSA commentary by Pearl Means telling of future events planned.
- CONVERSATION WITH LOURDESPearl Means talks with Lourdes of how she and Russell met and Russell Means’ latest book “If You’ve Forgotten The Names Of The Clouds, You’ve Lost Your Way” Mrs. Means will have book signing at the following places: Friday, July 26th @ 8:00 p.m. Festival Hall at Argiro Student Union, Maharishi University, Fairfiield, Iowa Wednesday, [...]
- RUSSELL MEANS (1939-2012)Russell Charles Means (November 10, 1939 – October 22, 2012) was an Oglala Sioux activist for the rights of Native American people and libertarian political activist. He became a prominent member of the American Indian Movement (AIM) after joining the organization in 1968, and helped organize notable events that attracted national and international media cov […]
- We Are All RelatedArmando Rendon has printed an excerpt from Russell’s book “If You’ve Forgotten the Names of the Clouds, You’ve Lost Your Way : An Introduction to American Indian Thought & Philosophy.” You may find at http://somosenescrito.blogspot.com/2013/04/we-are-all-related.html#!/2013/04/we-are-all-related.html If you wish to purchase either the softcover or Kindle […]
- February 27th Honoring
- Russell Means: Revolutionary.By lakotahfreedom ¶ Posted in Sovereignty ¶ First time I remember seeing Russell was at the Greengrass Sundance. He called my Grandma Ella up during the Giveaway. Even as a young boy, I was impressed. From that day forward, as a youth, I saw Bruce Lee, Evil Knievel, Muhammad Ali, and Russell Means as almost [...]
- The passing of Russell Means was a lose for the worldOn October 22, 2012, Indian rights activist Russell Means passed on after a magnificent life of struggle to better the lives of American Indians. Means had a tremendous impact on Native American struggles of the latter part of the 20th century and he will be sorely missed, but his passing was a huge loss [...]
- Preview of Russell Means Documentary
- Thanks TakingRussell’s Aljazeera interview from November 24,2011 Aljazeera on thanks taking
- DENVER CELEBRATES THE LIFE AND LEGACY OF RUSSELL MEANS
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.