I am far from where I came from.
I would try to make a sound, but no one would hear me.
I would try to make a move, but no one would see me.
I don’t mind death; I was never afraid to die.
But now that I’m gone I’m afraid I’m forgotten;
Down in the basement of a museum,
Down among hundreds of boxes,
Down because no one seems to care that I am alive.
Maybe I’m not breathing…but I feel erased. And if my spirit feels something, doesn’t that mean I am still valid?
Still relevant ?
I fear I am truly gone if I am not remembered.
I am not content with being a catalog number, used to satiate someone’s interest in science.
I am not content with being taken against my will by a stranger.
I am not content with being a pawn in the systemic genocide of my people.
I think one day someone will remember me. I will be claimed by my people, and justice will be served.
Justice will be peaceful,
Justice will be right,
Justice will be obligatory.
Top Posts & Pages
- Cultural Appreciation or Cultural Appropriation?
- Indigenous feminism without apology
- Settler Colonialism Primer
- Decolonizing Our Minds and Actions
- Allyship & Solidarity Guidelines
- What’s the Difference Between Cultural Exchange and Cultural Appropriation?
- For Our Nations to Live, Capitalism Must Die
- Dear White People: An Open Letter to White People on Becoming Indigenous
- A Map of Destruction: How Europeans Stole Native Land
- Decolonization is not a metaphor
- Christmas Day Freedom Fighters: Hidden History of the Seminole Anticolonial Struggle
- How the Seminole Stole Christmas: Battle of Lake Okeechobee
- On the Question of Allies
- Dear White People: An Open Letter to White People on Becoming Indigenous
- The Myth of the Pagan Passcard
- Fuck Thanksgiving.
- Red Bird at Standing Rock: A Thanksgiving Message
- Leonard Peltier: Day of Mourning
- The Uncomfortable, Unavoidable, Troublesome & Totally Inconvenient Understanding About Indigenous Language, Culture & Identity
- Six Critical Actions for Healing
- Dismantling Columbus and the Power of the Present
- Towards Decolonization and Settler Responsibility
- Abolish Columbus Day Campaign
- The Rhetoric of “Self-Determination” vs the Practice of Decolonization
- Chicanos as as Internal Colony: Notes from Occupied America: The Chicano Struggle for Liberation (Rodolfo Acuna, 1972) – Introduction
- White Fear of Savage Reprisal in the Course of Decolonization
- On the Concept of Indigenous Assent: A Rejoinder
- Stolen people on stolen land: decolonizing while Black
- Strangers in Their Own Land: Lineages of the Conquest of Aztlán
- Decolonization is Not a Metaphor: The Basics of a Genuine Anti-Colonial Position
- Adapting the Indian in the Child: The Settler Colonial Politics of Adopting Native American Children
- Poems for Palestine
- Decolonizing the Black Bear Ranch Hippie Commune
- Seeking Settler Re-landing
- (White) Settler Futurity with Bloody Hands on Stolen Land
- An Open Letter to Black Bear Ranch Commune
- Decolonization Not Inclusion
- We Can’t Trust White People: On Blood Quantum and Identity Appropriation
- Decolonizing Permaculture
- Indigenous Peoples and the Politics of Water
- Settlers in the Land: Decolonising Permaculture
- (De)Constructing Knowledge: Decolonization is not a metaphor
- Land Education
- Decolonising the English Language
- Towards an Understanding of Cultural Appropriation in Rewilding
- From Truth Telling to Land Return: 4 Ways White People Can Work for Indigenous Justice
- Decolonizing Beauty: Revitalizing Internal and External forms of Indigenous Attraction
- Counter Columbus, Confront Colonialism, Capitalism & Climate Crisis
- Enacting solidarity between displaced and dispossessed peoples: resistance-through-art in the prairies
- Against the death maps of Empire: Contesting colonial borders through Indigenous sovereignty
- Deceptive. Greedy. Murderer. Racist… Hero Who “Discovered” America?
- The REAL History Of Christopher Columbus
- “1492.0” A Poem to #AbolishColumbusDay
- Gaagegoo Dabakaanan miiniwaa Debenjigejig (No Borders, Indigenous Sovereignty)
- Celebrating Columbus? The Myths Behind the Man
- No One Is Illegal, Canada is Illegal! Negotiating the relationships between settler colonialism and border imperialism through political slogans
- Nationalist narratives, Immigration and Coloniality
- Forged in Struggle: How Migration, Resistance and Decolonization Shape Black Identities and Liberation Movements in North America
- Special decolonization issue of Geez magazine
- A Settler Reflects on Organizing for Palestine on the Oregon Trail
- National Guard missile launchers aimed at Standing Rock Water Protectors. Article by Brenda Norrell Censored News The National Guard has two missile launchers aimed at Standing Rock water protectors. One of the Avengers, which can be armed with rotating guns and surface to air missiles, is shown above. Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier admitted the missile launchers were in place, but said they were not yet loaded. Within a […]
- Obama Denies Peltier Request for Commutation of Prison Sentence. .
- Mohawk Nation News 'Family Fight'http://mohawknationnews.com/blog/2017/01/18/family-fight
- Dine' Officials Demand Halt to Chaco FrackingTribal Delegates To Bureau of Land Management - Stop Chaco Sale! Chapter Presidents meet with BLM State Director, hundreds rally, and tens of thousands call to cancel oil and gas lease sale Press statement Photos by Emilia Arrasim SANTA FE, NM — While four Navajo Nation chapter Presidents, impacted community members, and one NM State Representative were insi […]
- Raramuri Activist Assassinated in ChihuahuaRaramuri activist assassinated south of US border in Chihuahua http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Award-Winning-Mexico-Indigenous-Environmental-Activist-Murdered-20170117-0041.html
- Standing Rock Water Protectors on Drill Pad Jan. 16, 2017Now! Water protector, in tan jacket, shot at close range by riot police. The water protector has only one leg.
- Texas Water Protectors Lock Down On Heavy Machinery Halting Construction of Trans-Pecos PipelineSaturday January 14, 2016 Frankie Orona, Society of Native Nations Lori Glover, Big Bend Defense Coalition Two Texas Water Protectors Lock Down Onto Heavy Machinery Halting Construction of Trans-Pecos Pipeline For Several Hours Concerns raised about off-duty Presidio County Sheriffs working private security for pipeline company Energy Transfer Partners SHAFT […]
- Warrior Arthur Manuel Takes Flight to Spirit World. Official Statement from the Family of Arthur Manuel on His Passing On Wednesday January 11, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Arthur Manuel, our beloved father, grandfather, husband, brother, uncle, warrior, and teacher passed away. Arthur was one of our most determined and outspoken Secwepemc leaders and activists—a pillar in the resistance, known globally for his tirele […]
- Cheyenne River Chairman Urges Obama to Grant Clemency for Leonard Peltier. President Barack Obama The White House 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington, DC 20500 Dear President Obama: Please grant Executive Clemency to Leonard Peltier! Leonard Peltier is a 71 year old elder who was convicted and sentenced to two consecutive life sentences for aiding and abetting in the deaths of two FBI agents. Leonard has maintained his innocen […]
- Zapatistas 'And the Earth Trembled! A Report from the Epicenter'AND THE EARTH TREMBLED! A REPORT FROM THE EPICENTER… AND THE EARTH TREMBLED! A REPORT FROM THE EPICENTER… To the Originary Peoples of Mexico: To Civil Society of Mexico and the World: To the National and International Sixth: To the Free Media: Brothers and Sisters: This is the time of the originary peoples, the time for us to replant and rebuild ourselves. I […]
- 'Don't Frack Chaco' Feds to Auction Land for Fracking -- Santa Fe Jan. 17, 2017Don't Frack Chaco Event info: On January 25th the BLM is slated to auction off online 843 more acres of public land in Greater Chaco for fracking. These parcels have been already been deferred three times. Meanwhile, BLM still hasn't finished the amendment to the Resource Management Plan to finally study fracking impacts in the area; the current co […]
- Third Annual March to Oak Flat 2017
- Former FBI agent asks Obama to free Leonard PeltierMEDIA ADVISORY January 09, 2017 Contact: Peter Clark, Co-Director, International Leonard Peltier Defense Committee, (505) 217-3612 or firstname.lastname@example.org Former FBI agent asks Obama to free Native American activist Leonard Peltier In a letter dated January 3, former agent and charter member of the Federal Bureau of Investigation Agents Associat […]
- Lakota Jean Roach -- Water Protectors Asked to Urge Clemency for PeltierStanding Rock Chairman Dave Archambault, wearing Peltier shirt, with Crow Nation Chairman Darrin Old Coyote at Standing Rock Water Protectors Camp in 2016. Letter and Photos by Jean Roach, Lakota Censored News Dear Water Protectors, Relatives and FriendsLet me introduce myself, my name is Jean Roach, of the Mnicoujou Lakota from the Cheyenne River […]
- ALBUQUERQUE Water Protectors Shut Down DAPL Investor Wells FargoVideos by Honor the Earth: Water Protectors shut down Wells Fargo Bank in Albuquerque, in protest of investments in the Dakota Access Pipeline, now threatening the Missouri River, and the water source of millions, with an underground crude oil pipeline. Jan. 9, 2016 #BankShutdown in Albuquerque #Divest #NoDAPL #ShutDownUSBank
- Water Protectors Lock Down, Shut Down, Kelcy Warren's Texas PipelineBy Greg Harman Deceleration News Water protectors from across Turtle Island just shut down Kelcy Warren's Trans-Pecos Pipeline in Presidio County, Texas. Two locked themselves down beneath excavator; two arrests so far. The camps are alive in Far West Texas. Videos to come via Deceleration . #waterislife Two Rivers Camp - Stop Trans Pecos Pipeline Socie […]
- Mohawk Nation News 'American Thuggery'AMERICAN THUGGERY Please post & distribute. MNN. Jan. 4, 2017. To stop the pipelines, the head of the serpent/corporation must be destroyed so its body will die. The US is a thug with a gun that tries to scare everybody. CORPORATION: REMEMBER CHIEF, I OWN YOU! Their ruling racketeers control the amoral government, businessmen and politicians. A king thug […]
- Top Prosecutor: Clemency for Leonard Peltier 'in best interest of justice'. Top Prosecutor: Clemency for Leonard Peltier 'in best interest of justice' Kari Ann Boushee, Family Contact and Co-Director International Leonard Peltier Defense Committee email@example.com French translation by Christine Prat http://www.chrisp.lautre.net/wpblog/?p=3895 Dutch translation by Alice Holemans http://www.denaisg […]
- Water Protectors Resist Federal Grand Jury -- Steve Martinez Refuses to CooperateRiot Police using OC Spray on Water Protectors without justification on the front line. Photo by Rob Wilson Photography Dutch translation of statement by Alice Holemans, NAIS http://www.denaisgazet.be/nieuws/wateractivisten-verzetten-zich-tegen-de-federale-onderzoekscommissie
- Mohawk Nation News 'Perfect Stupidity'PERFECT STUPIDITY Posted on January 3, 2017 Mohawk Nation News Please post and distribute. MNN. Jan 3, 2017. The tribal and band council system promotes, trains and rewards stupidity and their help in carrying out the genocide. The corporation/government uses carefully selected trained provocateurs who have no conscience to destroy the cohesion of our peopl […]
- National Guard missile launchers aimed at Standing Rock Water Protectors
- Laura Flanders Show Special Report on Mining and Resistance on Black MesaCheck out Jordan Flaherty’s coverage of mining and resistance on Black Mesa on the Laura Flanders Show. http://www.lauraflanders.com/?video=TiZ7pPNISyc
- Call for Support: Volunteers Requested for Sheepherdering and Human Rights ObservingOngoing support in the form of volunteer sheepherders and human rights observers are requested on Black Mesa. So many families within in the communities on Black Mesa have opened their homes to countless supporters over the years,creating an opportunity to engage in true support and solidarity. Families have said that supporters have played a helpful […]
- “Big Mountain is Under Siege Again”–Louise Benally on Livestock Impoundments“We are asking you to take action. Big Mountain is under siege again because Peabody Coal is losing its income from coal mining, so it is pressuring the tribal government to attack its own people. We’ve been opposed to the mining since 1974 when PL 93-531 was passed. Now with the coal companies collapsing […]
- Elder Matriarch Relocation Resister, Ida Mae Clinton, Passes on to the Spirit WorldWith great sadness and respect for a powerful life, we share that Elder Matriarch relocation resister, Ida Mae Clinton, of Star Mountain, has passed onto the spirit world. With the permission of her family, we share this video–made by NaBahe Katenay Keedihiihii this spring–in memory of Ida Mae’s life. Her family sends appreciation to all […]
- Requesting immediate Support for Dineh Resistance Communities whose livestock are being impounded by Hopi Rangers and Federal Agents.Below is the letter that the community members impacted by impoundments delivered today at the Navajo Nation Council Chambers in Window Rock: Requesting immediate Support for so-called “Hopi Partition Land ( HPL)” residents whose livestock are being impounded by Hopi Rangers and Federal Agents. The Hopi rangers and Federal agents used military tactic operati […]
- Sheep Emergency Fund: for Black Mesa families targeted by unjust livestock impoundmentsAll funds raised will go directly to Dineh families on the Black Mesa ‘HPL’ lands who have been aggressively targeted with livestock impoundments starting on October 22, 2014. Click here for donation page So far, three Black Mesa families have had their entire herds of sheep & goats impounded and are facing fees totaling about […]
- Elders Living in Fear and HeartacheClarence and Mary Lou Blackrock of Cactus Valley are sitting up all night by the fire, unable to sleep for fear of their sheep being taken. This distress endangers the elder’s health. This family wanted these pictures shared so that the world can see the suffering at the hands of the federal government and Department […]
- UPDATES CONCERNING IMPOUNDMENTS & ARRESTS OF THE SOVEREIGN DINEH NATION ON THE “HPL”Hopi Rangers arrested two individuals and impounded 120 sheep this morning at the homesite of Tom and Etta Begay in Red Willow Springs. Heavily armed rangers guarded and blocked nearby dirt road entrances as well. “The Hopi Rangers came for our homestead early this morning. They tried to arrest my Aunt Etta who is almost […]
- URGENT: WIDESPREAD IMPOUNDMENTS & AN ARREST ON THE HPL OCTOBER 2014UPDATE from HPL (Hopi Partition Land) residents: Shirley Tohannie and elder Caroline Tohannie had their entire herd of 65 sheep impounded by the Hopi Rangers (US federal government) Tuesday, October 22, 2014.If the fines aren’t paid the sheep will go to auction, and the family is being told that the sheep will not be able […]
- Request for Sheepherders and Human Rights Observers-July 2014*******BMIS is in the process of updating our contacts. In order to keep receiving updates from BMIS, please confirm your information here. Thank you!! ***** “This land is being taken away because they’ve got power in Washington. We were put here with our Four Sacred Mountains and we were created to live here. We know […]
- Laura Flanders Show Special Report on Mining and Resistance on Black Mesa
- Banner Hang today!Early this morning ALEC resistors suspended banners at two different locations. Please help us resist! AZ Resists Alec!
- Call for Indigenous Convergence to Resist ALEC! – November 29-December 3 – Onk Akimel O’odham Lands (Scottsdale, AZ)Un-occupy Our Lands! Indigenous Peoples Gathering in Resistance to Corporate & State Terrorism Tues. Nov. 29, 6PM – 9:30PM At Serena Padilla Residence Onk Akimel O’odham Nation (Salt River) 9312 E. Thomas Rd. Scottsdale, AZ 85256 For more information and to see the entire invite please visit: AZ Resist Alec Greetings. My name is […]
- de-occupy! PRESS RELEASE
- PDF of Anti-Colonial Thanksgiving DinnerAnti-Colonial Thanksgiving Dinner pamphlet 2008 This is a zine from the Guelph Anarchist distro Mounting Bedlam Distro. It is from an annual dinner that where Anarchists host Indigenous folks to share their stories of resistance. It has spoken to me for along time sine i found a copy of it at the Taala Hooghan Infoshop. […]
- O’odham Sacred Site of Quitovac once again under threat from US Gold Mining Company Silver Scott MinesMany of you may remember the recent victory of saving Quitovac to a proposed toxic waste dump. Well Again this Sacred site is under siege. Now to the threat of a gold mine… This is a Resolution from Traditional O’odham elders in opposition to the proposed mine that was recently posted from the O’odham Solidarity Project […]
- CENSORED NEWS: Homeland Security pitches new spy towers at Tohono O’odhamThe war against the Tohono O’odham continues near the border. See the latest technology the U.S. Government has deployed on the T.O. community in this article below: Homeland Security pitches new spy towers at Tohono O’odham BY: Brenda Norrell Censored News http://www.bsnorrell.blogspot.com TOHONO O’ODHAM NATION — (Nov. 23, 2011) The US Homeland Security is […]
- Resist ALEC!Resist ALEC this November in Scottsdale, AZ! AZ Resist alec! ARIZONA IS CALLING FOR A DIVERSITY OF TACTICS TO SHUT DOWN THE UPCOMING ALEC CONFERENCE IN SCOTTSDALE, AZ ON NOVEMBER 30TH. ALEC thinks they’re meeting in Scottsdale, AZ this November… The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) is a massive non-profit body that brings corporations and legisl […]
- De-Occupy O’odham LandDe-Occupy O’odham Land! Saturday December 10, Hosted by Dry River Resource Center Benefit for O’odham VOICE against the wall and Dry River Infoshop 6pm dinner 7pm speakers -John Zerzan -Ward Churchill -Julian Kunnie $10-$20 suggested donation (no one turned away for lack of funds)
- Ofelia Rivas In protest we write…While preparing to to write my own short reflection on the current “occupy” movement I asked Ofelia Rivas if she would like to contribute to the zine as well. Here is her letter. This will also be in the new Don’t just (re)occupy zine. Thank you again so much for your contribution Ofelia! For more news […]
- WHY (RE)OCCUPYING WON’T WORK****This is a preview of a short article for a zine I am compiling in response to the current sweeping “occupy” movement. The zine will be released soon…. WHY (RE)OCCUPYING WON’T WORK…. September 17, 2011 hundreds of people answer a call-out from Adbusters maga- zine to “occupy” Wall Street. Today October 14, 2011 less than […]
- Banner Hang today!
- Indigenous Solidarity Network beginsWe are please to announce the creation of the group named THE INDIGENOUS SOLIDARITY NETWORK. *See the About tab above and links section to the right. An inspiring video: (rights reserved to the creator)
- Indigenous Solidarity Network begins
- Inter-American Court of Human Rights Finds in Favor of Mapuche IndividualsThe Inter-American Court of Human Rights, the highest judicial body of the Organization of American States (OAS), reached a decision in favor of eight Mapuche individuals who claimed that Chile’s use of the Anti-Terrorism Law against them violated their rights. … Continue reading →
- Chilean Congress to Formally Question Interior Minister on Mapuche ConflictPublished yesterday in the Santiago Times, the Chilean Congress has voted to bring Chile’s Minister of the Interior, Rodrigo Peñailillo, in for formal questioning on the current administration’s handling (since taking over in March) of the ongoing Mapuche conflict in the … Continue reading →
- Aymara Culture Protects Their Children from Psychological DistressA team of Chilean researchers has recently published a report on the mental health of Aymara schoolchildren in Northern Chile, suggesting that involvement with their culture may act as a protective factor against psychological distress, including anxiety and hopelessness. The … Continue reading →
- Mapuche-Huilliche Community Granted Coastal RightsIt was reported yesterday (01-15-2015) in Mapuexpress that the Mapuche-Huilliche Community of Wente Caulín was granted rights over coastal waters in Chiloé. Specifically, the coastal area near the community was designated an “Indigenous Peoples’ Marine Coastal Area” under Chilean law, which grants the community … Continue reading →
- Two Mapuche Communities Obtain Land Rights After 15 YearsIn recent days, the Chilean government, through CONADI (Chile’s Indigenous development corporation) has returned title to lands in two different Mapuche communities. In the Mapuche community of Manuel Levinao (located in the Lautaro commune of the Araucanía region), 250 hectares … Continue reading →
- UN Instructs Chile to Return Indigenous Lands, Improve Consultation, and Redefine Anti-Terrorism LawThe United Nation’s Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) completed its 83rd session on August 30th in Geneva. During the session, CERD discussed Chile’s treatment of Indigenous peoples and offered some recommendations for the future. Specifically, CERD asked … Continue reading →
- Barrick Gold Admits Wrongdoing; Diaguita Communities Seek Revocation of LicenseBarrick Gold, owner of the Pascua Lama mine that spans the Chile-Argentina border, appeared in front of a Chilean court again on Monday, August 26th. This time, however, the multi-billion dollar corporation admitted that it had violated environmental regulations in … Continue reading →
- Argentina: Pope Francis Meets with Qom (Toba) LeaderOn Monday, June 24, 2013, Pope Francis spent 45 minutes meeting and talking with the leader of the Qom community, Félix Diaz about his community’s struggles to have their rights recognized. During the interaction, Diaz discussed the plight of his … Continue reading →
- Chilean Government Tests “Ethnic Patrols” Near TemucoOn Wednesday, May 29th, the Chilean police force unveiled a test project designed to improve relations between the police force and the Mapuche people — a relationship that, in certain parts of Chile, has involved significant amounts of violence. The … Continue reading →
- Pascua Lama Gold Mine Likely 1-2 Years Away from OpeningThe Pascua Lama gold mine — owned by Barrick Gold — was ordered shut down earlier this year when a Diaguita community successfully challenged the mine’s environmental record in Chilean court. Ultimately, the company was fined US$16 million and ordered … Continue reading →
- Inter-American Court of Human Rights Finds in Favor of Mapuche Individuals
- Accumulation by DispossessionThe following article is out now in the November/December 2016 issue of Briarpatch Magazine. It was written by Kelly Rose Pflug-Back and myself. Kelly is a radical journalist, poet and author of fiction. She’s current at York University in Toronto working on her MA, studying the connections between resource extraction industries and Canadian colonialism, pas […]
- Trump, Revanchism & Moving Forward After the ElectionI don’t vote. I can’t vote actually. Neither in my adopted home country of kanada, nor in the united states of amerika, though my family is from the latter, and it is technically possible for me to register to vote via absentee ballot in the state of Wisconsin. There is also of course the whole … Continue reading Trump, Revanchism & Moving Forward After […]
- “Who’s Land?” The Trials and Tribulations of Territorial AcknowledgementThis past weekend my partner and i, indigenous Ph.D students in philosophy and sociology respectively, attended the Decolonizing Education/Integrating Knowledges Summit held at the University of Waterloo, in Ontario. Part of a broader array of “Truth and Reconciliation Response Projects”—spurred into existence by the release this time last year of the Truth […]
- Accumulation by Dispossession
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- FAMILY FIGHTPlease post & distribute. MNN. Jan. 18, 2017. In a house on shifting sands there are bound to be problems. Right now the greedy family that invaded ono’ware:keh, great turtle island, are screaming like vultures to get their chance … Continue reading →
- RED-X PREDICTS LAST U.S. PRESIDENTPlease post & distribute. MNN. Jan. 14, 2017. Red-X, The great visionary from the 5th dimension appeared to illuminate the keepers of the eastern door. Red-X said that the extreme confusion and disorder in the US is over which … Continue reading →
- AMERICAN THUGGERYPlease post & distribute. MNN. Jan. 4, 2017. To stop the pipelines, the head of the serpent/corporation must be destroyed so its body will die. The US is a thug with a gun that tries to scare everybody. Their … Continue reading →
- PERFECT STUPIDITYPlease post & distribute. MNN. Jan 3, 2017. The tribal and band council system promotes, trains and rewards stupidity and their help in carrying out the genocide. The corporation/government uses carefully selected trained provocateurs who have no conscience to … Continue reading →
- DERANGED MATRIXPlease post & distribute. MNN. JAN. 2, 2017. Resistance starts with truth and plain speaking which defeats the corporate matrix. The American & European matrix is designed and controlled by the private corporation/US government. Rules are for profit for … Continue reading →
- PLAIN SPEAKPlease post & distribute. MNN. Dec. 27, 2016. A tyrant doesn’t suddenly take power. The people hand it over, out of fear and a desire for safety. At Standing Rock the army is attacking and trying to kill us” … Continue reading →
- TRUDEAU’S PIPE DREAMPlease post & distribute. MNN. Dec. 24, 2016. Last week prime minister ‘Patsy” Trudeau announced his plans to decolonize Canada. He can’t because Canada has always been occupied by illegal invaders. Canada is a Mohawk word that designates a … Continue reading →
- SONGSPlease post & distribute. MNN. Dec. 21, 2016. Our ancestors explained to us that as long as our music lives, we live. Our mother has a tone, which is the basis of the way we see creation. Standing Rock … Continue reading →
- CORPORATE SADISMPlease post & distribute. MNN. DEC. 19, 2016. The Sadistic Corporation Theatre Company continues to perform it’s torture saga of the onkwe’hon:weh, the original people, for the world audience. They can do anything they want! Watch ’em injuns suffer … Continue reading →
- DISCORPORATEPlease post & distribute. MNN. DEC. 16, 2016. Instead of reconciliation, how about rectification? Take down the tribal and band council “wardens” that help the military run the POW Camps called “reservations” on great turtle island. These private corporations … Continue reading →
- FAMILY FIGHT
- DENVER CELEBRATES THE LIFE AND LEGACY OF RUSSELL MEANSDenver, Co. – You may recognize him from such films as Last of the Mohicans and Natural Born Killers, but Russell Means was much more than a face on the silver screen. He was a cultural, political, artistic and visionary American Indian leader, described during his life as “the most famous American Indian of the [...]
- PEARL MEANSA commentary by Pearl Means telling of future events planned.
- CONVERSATION WITH LOURDESPearl Means talks with Lourdes of how she and Russell met and Russell Means’ latest book “If You’ve Forgotten The Names Of The Clouds, You’ve Lost Your Way” Mrs. Means will have book signing at the following places: Friday, July 26th @ 8:00 p.m. Festival Hall at Argiro Student Union, Maharishi University, Fairfiield, Iowa Wednesday, [...]
- RUSSELL MEANS (1939-2012)Russell Charles Means (November 10, 1939 – October 22, 2012) was an Oglala Sioux activist for the rights of Native American people and libertarian political activist. He became a prominent member of the American Indian Movement (AIM) after joining the organization in 1968, and helped organize notable events that attracted national and international media cov […]
- We Are All RelatedArmando Rendon has printed an excerpt from Russell’s book “If You’ve Forgotten the Names of the Clouds, You’ve Lost Your Way : An Introduction to American Indian Thought & Philosophy.” You may find at http://somosenescrito.blogspot.com/2013/04/we-are-all-related.html#!/2013/04/we-are-all-related.html If you wish to purchase either the softcover or Kindle […]
- February 27th Honoring
- Russell Means: Revolutionary.By lakotahfreedom ¶ Posted in Sovereignty ¶ First time I remember seeing Russell was at the Greengrass Sundance. He called my Grandma Ella up during the Giveaway. Even as a young boy, I was impressed. From that day forward, as a youth, I saw Bruce Lee, Evil Knievel, Muhammad Ali, and Russell Means as almost [...]
- The passing of Russell Means was a lose for the worldOn October 22, 2012, Indian rights activist Russell Means passed on after a magnificent life of struggle to better the lives of American Indians. Means had a tremendous impact on Native American struggles of the latter part of the 20th century and he will be sorely missed, but his passing was a huge loss [...]
- Preview of Russell Means Documentary
- Thanks TakingRussell’s Aljazeera interview from November 24,2011 Aljazeera on thanks taking
- DENVER CELEBRATES THE LIFE AND LEGACY OF RUSSELL MEANS
- March 29 - April 7, 2014: Five Key Indigenous Peoples Issues - United States, Paraguay, Belize, Philippines, BangladeshFive Key Indigenous Peoples Issues For The Week Of March 29 - April 7, 2014: United States, Paraguay, Belize, Philippines, Bangladesh United States: Final Conclusions And Recommendations On United States Issued By The UN Human Rights Committee Call For Measures To Protect Sacred Areas On Friday, March 28, 2014, the 110th session of the United Nations (UN) Hu […]
- Maranhão: Port Development Brings Progress To Brazil – At A PriceMaranhão: Port Development Brings Progress To Brazil – At A Price Mario Osava, 2014 “We are victims of progress,” complained Osmar Santos Coelho, known as Santico. His fishing community has disappeared, displaced to make way for a port complex on São Marcos bay, to the west of São Luis, the capital of the state of Maranhão in Brazil’s northeast. The Ponta da […]
- United States: Final Conclusions And Recommendations On United States Issued By The UN Human Rights Committee Call For Measures To Protect Sacred AreasUnited States: Final Conclusions And Recommendations On United States Issued By The UN Human Rights Committee Call For Measures To Protect Sacred Areas On Friday, March 28, 2014, the 110th session of the United Nations (UN) Human Rights Committee (HRC) issued its Concluding Observations on the United States (US) compliance with the International Covenant on […]
- Northern Territory: Indigenous People Core To Success In Northern Development PushNorthern Territory: Indigenous People Core To Success In Northern Development Push Policies for northern development must account for the realities of the extensive marginally productive lands of the north found outside of the major urban centres, according to NAILSMA’s recent submission to the Joint Select Committee on Northern Australia. Key to this is ful […]
- West Papua: Grave Human Rights Abuses In Papua Must Be Considered By Courts Of LawWest Papua: Grave Human Rights Abuses In Papua Must Be Considered By Courts Of Law Statement by Yan Christian Warinussy, Executive-Director of LP3BP on 7 April 2014 Speaking as a human rights defender working in the Land of Papua, I urge the National Human Rights Commission (Komnas HAM) in Jakarta to immediately investigate the maltreatment and torture by me […]
- Bangladesh: Upazila Elections 2014 - Indigenous Candidates Win 18 Chairman Posts, 20 Female Vice Chairman And 17 Vice Chairman (General) PostsBangladesh: Upazila Elections 2014 - Indigenous Candidates Win 18 Chairman Posts, 20 Female Vice Chairman And 17 Vice Chairman (General) Posts In the 4th Upazila Elections-2014 in Bangladesh, indigenous candidates won 18 chairman posts in Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT), 20 female vice chairman posts in CHT & plains and 17 vice chairman (general/male) posts […]
- Paraguay: Mysterious Epidemic Kills Recently-Contacted Tribe One By OneParaguay: Mysterious Epidemic Kills Recently-Contacted Tribe One By One A mysterious epidemic is steadily killing recently-contacted members of a South American tribe, Survival International has warned on World Health Day (April 7). Members of the Ayoreo-Totobiegosode tribe in Paraguay are rapidly succumbing to a TB-like illness which goes undetected in medi […]
- International: Carbon-Cutting Initiative May Harm Indigenous CommunitiesInternational: Carbon-Cutting Initiative May Harm Indigenous Communities Bryant Harris, 2014 Civil society and advocacy groups are warning that a prominent carbon-reduction initiative, aimed at curbing global emissions, is undermining land tenure rights for indigenous communities, putting their livelihoods at risk. On Wednesday, an international dialogue her […]
- Belize: SATIIM And Indigenous Peoples - Another Legal VictoryBelize: SATIIM And Indigenous Peoples - Another Legal Victory Free Prior and Informed Consent – A must in Belize SATIIM, the foremost environmental and human right organization in Belize along with four indigenous Q’eqchi’ Maya communities have achieved another monumental legal victory yesterday. The Belize Supreme Court Justice, The Honourable Michelle Aran […]
- Philippines: Justice For William Bugatti - Tuwali Indigenous Rights Worker KilledPhilippines: Justice For William Bugatti - Tuwali Indigenous Rights Worker Killed We are enraged over the extrajudicial killing of William Bugatti, a Tuwali and a devoted human rights worker on March 25, 2014, at around 6-7 in the evening. William is a Regional Council Member of the Cordillera Human Rights Alliance-KARAPATAN, a Regional Council Member of the […]
- Bangladesh: Indigenous Women Representatives Attend The CSW58 As A Part Of Global Indigenous LeadersBangladesh: Indigenous Women Representatives Attend The CSW58 As A Part Of Global Indigenous Leaders The fifty-eighth session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW58) took place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 10 to 21 March 2014. Like each year, this year thousands of civil society activists, representatives of member states, UN […]
- Panama: Solidarity Statement To Guna And Ngobe Peoples' Resolve Against False Climate Change SolutionsPanama: Solidarity Statement To Guna And Ngobe Peoples' Resolve Against False Climate Change Solutions We, the indigenous communities from Kenya, Ecuador, Chile, Manipur, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Panama, attending the Land is life Climate Change Workshop Training held at Usdub, Gunayala, Panama from 20-24 March 2014 hereby, Expresses our heartfelt gratitu […]
- Ecuador: Judge Kaplan Let Chevron Make "Mockery Of Justice" In New York RICO CaseEcuador: Judge Kaplan Let Chevron Make "Mockery Of Justice" In New York RICO Case A new report concludes Chevron made a “mockery of justice” and bribed a witness during its retaliatory RICO case in New York, leading to a likely reversal by U.S. appellate courts and a growing risk for the oil giant in jurisdictions where the villagers are trying […]
- Guatemala: International Solidarity With Victims Of Hudbay Minerals-CGN As Criminal Trial Against Former Head Of Security Is DelayedGuatemala: International Solidarity With Victims Of Hudbay Minerals-CGN As Criminal Trial Against Former Head Of Security Is Delayed Indigenous Maya Q’eqchi’ victims of a September 2009 violent attack outside a then-Canadian owned nickel mine were once again disheartened when it was announced today that the criminal trial of Mynor Padilla, former head of sec […]
- Oaxaca: On Mexican Isthmus, Indigenous Communities Oppose Massive Energy Projects - Statement From Indigenous CommunitiesOaxaca: On Mexican Isthmus, Indigenous Communities Oppose Massive Energy Projects - Statement From Indigenous Communities Santiago Navarro, 2014 The wind corridor of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, stretching across the southern Mexican states of Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco and Veracruz, is one of the most important in Latin America in terms of corporate investment […]
- Australia: Next Step Towards Indigenous Constitutional RecognitionAustralia: Next Step Towards Indigenous Constitutional Recognition The Australian Government has established a panel to conduct a review into public support for Indigenous constitutional recognition. Minister for Indigenous Affairs, Nigel Scullion, announced the review today, in accordance with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Recognition Ac […]
- March 20 - 28, 2014: Five Key Indigenous Peoples Issues - Canada, Melanesia, Belize, Bangladesh, West PapuaFive Key Indigenous Peoples Issues For The Week Of March 20 - 28, 2014: Canada, Melanesia, Belize, Bangladesh, West Papua Canada: Kawacatoose First Nation Becomes First Community To Take Full Control Over Its Land And Resource Moneys Opting into legislation removes Indian Act restrictions, enabling First Nations to act faster on economic opportunities Aborig […]
- Belize: Correcting The Corporate Ignorance Of US Capital On The Maya Land Rights StruggleBelize: Correcting The Corporate Ignorance Of US Capital On The Maya Land Rights Struggle On March 27th, 2014, US Capital through its attorney Michael Peyrefitte gave an interview to the various media houses where he boldly stated with certainty that, ‘The only time this matter [US Capital oil activities] was brought to court was when there was an issue as t […]
- Ontario: Major Lumber Company Vows To Avoid Grassy Narrows Conflict WoodOntario: Major Lumber Company Vows To Avoid Grassy Narrows Conflict Wood EACOM Timber Corporation has committed not to use conflict wood from Grassy Narrows First Nation Territory, home of Canada's longest running Indigenous logging blockade. The promise comes just one week before Ontario's contentious new ten-year clearcut logging plan for Grassy […]
- Philippines: With Escalation Of Political Killings, Karapatan Demands BS Aquino Step DownPhilippines: With Escalation Of Political Killings, Karapatan Demands BS Aquino Step Down "Karapatan strongly demands that Pres. Noynoy Aquino steps down from office for his administration’s accountability for the 169 victims of extra-judicial killings, from July 2010 to December 2013, and for the 19 killed for this year alone, including the killing of […]
- March 29 - April 7, 2014: Five Key Indigenous Peoples Issues - United States, Paraguay, Belize, Philippines, Bangladesh